WASIA’s purpose is to lead and promote excellence in practice for shearing industry contractors and workers. We promote knowledge, quality and safety for all associated within the WA Shearing Industry.
During these times of escalating costs, decreasing margins, increased focus on compliance, quality and safety and the ever-growing public and consumer sensitivity regarding animal welfare, environmental and sustainability issues, now more than ever a strong industry voice is crucial.
Since 1988, we have provided the best representation and advocacy on behalf of the shearing industry sector in WA. Our representation and membership includes contractors, growers, woolclassers, shearers, shed hands, suppliers and training organisations.
WASIA works for the Shearing Industry in WA focusing on:
- Awards and employment conditions
- Industrial relations and industry issues
- Business support – legal, shearing business and member benefit schemes
- Industry training and development
- Ministerial, political and government liaison
- Education, information and communications
- Finance and management
Your support via membership is essential for a strong industry Association – Join Now and encourage your associates and people in the industry that you know to also join up.