Over the last 2 weeks of Graduation Ceremonies at the WA Colleges of Agriculture, WASIA have awarded their six annual $500 scholarships. These have been provided by WASIA to WA College of Agriculture students since November 2002 in the memory of Neville Munns.
Eligibility is determined by each College, to be awarded to a deserving year 11 or Year 12 student who has shown outstanding aptitude and ability in Shearing or Wool Handling and is interested in a pursuing a career in sheep and wool industry.
Darren Spencer who was on-hand at the Harvey Graduation to present the scholarship said “It’s great as an industry body to present this scholarship to a student with potential to join the Shearing Industry. We are seeing a number of graduating students making a career in Shearing and Woolhandling. Many of them are competing in the Competition Shearing Circuit and working their way up through the divisions and some representing Western Australia”.
The 2019 Scholarship recipients at each college are:
- Cunderdin – Murray Burt pictured with Rob Carter
- Denmark – Ben Pratt pictured with Wendy Chant
- Harvey – Matthew Wilson pictured with Darren Spencer
- Narrogin – Luke Armstrong pictured with Eddie McEllister
- Esperance – William Clements not pictured
- Morawa – Averlii Devlin not pictured